Communications & Events Manager
Applications for this post closed on 19th February.
Vacancy first advertised: February 2024
Hours: Full-time, 37.5 per week.
Contract: Permanent, depending on continued income success.
Salary: £32,000 – £38,000 per year, depending on qualifications and experience.
Location: Home-based but with regular visits to our office near Wallingford, Oxfordshire (guideline 1 day per week).
Reports to: Operations Manager.
EKN is an award-winning and trusted source of knowledge and expertise for everyone with a role in improving the environment of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Through our events, resources, advice and communications, we benefit the work of a wide range of people. They range from volunteers in small local environmental projects to representatives of large organisations whose primary focus is not land, water or nature. Our membership, which is free and open to all, comprises 3,500 people across the UK. EKN’s job is to help them harness the value of the natural environment for everyone’s well-being and prosperity. We are a registered charity and a social enterprise, with three staff and plans to recruit more.
EKN is seeking a Communications and Events Manager who can play a key role in driving our growth and impact. You will work with all members of our small team, achieving excellence in our external communications and the marketing of our services, including events. This new role will make a difference across everything we do, from leading our social media activity to supporting the organisation of pioneering events for professionals.
- Managing and delivering our external communications under our Communications Strategy, ensuring quality and reach (especially beyond the environment sector).
- Overseeing our events programme, ensuring that it provides high-quality learning and networking opportunities.
- Marketing our income-generating activities, from commissioned work to large conferences and e-Learning courses.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to simplify complex concepts.
- First class inter-personal skills, including the ability to work effectively with suppliers, sponsors and partners.
- Self-motivation and organisation of a complex workload; managing projects and maintaining attention to detail.
See our application pack for further details of the responsibilities, requirements and rewards associated with this post.
How to apply
Read the application pack and check the role right for you. Applications must be received by 5 pm GMT on 19th February 2024. We intend to appoint the Communications and Events Manager by early March 2024, with the role starting as soon as possible after then.