The Ecosystems Knowledge Network produces a wide range of publications, from research reports to workshop summaries and event reports. We also have a comprehensive library of newsletters containing many articles of relevance to the ecosystem approach.
A report for the Ecosystems Knowledge Network by Jane Durney, March 2016
This report reviews the long-term management arrangements for green infrastructure incorporated into 'new' housing developments. It looks in detail at four case studies across England and Scotland.
A review of progress and challenges, prepared by Dan Hunt and Bruce Howard, November 2015
This review provides insight into how the ecosystem approach is being applied by initiatives that are working across some of the UK's most treasured landscapes.
- Involving local communities in the recognition of what nature does for people field trip to Lewes, East Sussex, on 5th June 2014. Download the event report.
- Cultural Ecosystem Services workshop on 1-2 July 2013 in Exeter. Download workshop summary and a report on CES indicators.
- Putting nature's services on the map, workshop held in Oxford on 29th April 2013. Download Report.
- Mapping Ecosystem Services, workshop held in Sheffield on 26th November 2012. Download Report.
- Spatial planning and an ecosystems approach, workshop held in Barnstaple on 12th July 2012. Download Issue 2 of Ecosystems News to read a summary of the event.
- Applying an ecosystems approach in urban settings: a visit to Mayesbrook Climate Change Park on 25th June 2012. Download summary report, Annex 1 (discussion group feedback on the Mayesbrook Park timeline and process) and Annex 2 (transcript of the mind mapping results for each discussion group).
- Ecosystems Knowledge and Learning Forum, held on 13th February 2012. Download Report.