The Ecosystems Knowledge Network is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. All personal information we hold will be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Ecosystems Knowledge may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy is effective from 1st May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name, job title and organisation
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode
- Opinions, preferences and interests relating to your work
- Other information relevant to surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We request this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- Improving our products and services.
- Sending emails to stay in touch with you and share news about our events, events organised by others, case studies, resources and research that we think might be of interest to you.
- We may also use your information to contact you for survey and market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise our services according to your needs and interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we hold about our members and other beneficiaries.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. Note that once you have used these links to leave our site, we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
Members who have registered via our website can view and edit their personal details at any time by logging into their account via our homepage. If you have forgotten your username, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a replacement.
You can change your mind at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the footer of any mass email you receive from us, or by contacting us at email@example.com. We will then remove your details from our records.
We will not sell, distribute or lease personal information to other organisations unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at email@example.com, or write to us at the address showing at the bottom of this website. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.