Natural Capital Investment Conference
The Royal Society, London, 28th February 2019
9:30 am to 4:50 pm, followed by a drinks reception. Registration opens 8:40 am.
Want to know more about the conference? Visit our event homepage.
Session 1. In plenary.
Natural capital investment - the opportunity
Chaired by Karen Ellis (Director of Sustainable Economy, WWF-UK)
Keynote: insight from impact investment around the world
- Jennifer Pryce (CEO, Calvert Impact Capital)
Keynote: risk management and natural capital investment (title TBC)
- Rowan Douglas (Head of Capital, Science & Policy Practice, Willis Towers Watson)
What investors require to invest in the UK environment
- Panel discussion including Andrew Mitchell (Co-Founder of the Natural Capital Finance Alliance), Emma Howard Boyd (Chair of the Environment Agency), Jamie Mansfield (Co-founder and Managing Director, Environmental Finance Ltd.) and Dr. Jim Totty (Managing Partner, Earth Capital)
Session 2. Parallel sessions.
Catalysing natural capital investment in specific settings
Investment in the rural environment
- Involving Henry Wilkes, InvestAg and a panel of invited experts including Andrew Griffiths, Nestlé
Investment in coastal and marine habitat
- Involving WWF UK and others TBC
- Lunch & exhibitor displays -
Session 3. Two rounds of seminars (delegates choose one from each).
Market frameworks and front-runners
Round 1 - Market frameworks
- Community-scale investment, with Bruce Davis (Abundance Investment)
- Metrics, standards and verification
- Building on revenue from blue and green net gain payments
Round 2 - Front-runners in the project pipeline
- Surrey (Surrey Nature Partnership)
- Greater Manchester (Greater Manchester Combined Authority & Manchester City Council)
Session 4. In plenary.
Next steps in catalysing natural capital investments
Charting the course for ensuring the UK is a leader in natural capital investment. Recommendations for financial services businesses, government, land owners, and other stewards of the UK's natural environment.
- Keynote speech (TBC)
- Panel discussion to include Marie-Justine Labelle (Manager, Sustainability & Climate Change, PwC), Bruce Davis (Joint Managing Director, Abundance Investment), Nick Molho (Executive Director, Aldersgate Group)
- A chance to network with a unique mix of experts in finance and environment. Addressed by lead sponsor and Tony Juniper CBE (Executive Director for Advocacy and Campaigns, WWF UK)