The Gloucestershire Local Nautre Partnership has been commissioned by Gfirst LEP and the Local Authorities to:
- Carry out natural capital baseline and opportunity mapping for the county
- Identify potential natural capital enahnce projects
- Develop a natural capital investment approach for the county
The mapping work is being carried out by Ecosulis and is closely aligned to the Ecometric/Environmental Change Institute methodology, attributing ecosystem service provision to different habitat types on a 2mx2m grid square basis, and modifying these scores dependent upon relevant spatial data.
Gloucestershire Local Nature Partnership, Gloucestershire Wildlife Trust, Ecosulis
That developed by Alison Smith, with some adjustments.
Which ecosystem services were focused on?:
- Sense of place/heritage
- Water supply
- Carbon sequestration & storage
- Climate regulation
- Detoxification and purification in air, soils and water
- Flood control
Interaction with nature; Biodiversity; Soil health; Water quality
UK Habitat classifcations were used
The UK Habs habitat data which underlies the whole project has been developed based upon best available data by Gloucestershire Wildlife Trust, with close cooperation from the Gloucestershire Centre for Environmental Records, through the Nature Recovery Network project.
Ecosystem service baseline and opportunity mapping layers