This page describes the UK's first ever Natural Capital Investment Conference, which took place on 1st March 2018.
Read more about natural capital investment and join our Natural Capital Investment Forum.
Details of our 2019 conference will be announced shortly.
Read delegates' Twitter comments on the Conference here
The following presentations from the 2018 Conference are available for delegates to view (to open each pdf use the password that was emailed to you).
Natural Capital Investment: challenges and opportunities Bevis Watts, Managing Director, Triodos Bank UK
Capturing the learning from Social Impact Bonds Dan Hird, Head of Corporate Finance, Triodos Bank UK
Introduction to Environmental Impact Bonds Eric Letsinger, CEO, Quantified Ventures
The Natural Capital Trust Dr Dominic Hogg, Chairman, Eunomia Research and Consulting Ltd
A land and property group's perspective on natural capital investment Jo Holden, Sustainability Manager, Peel Group
Making Waves: catalysing new finance for coastal natural capital Paul Mackie, Coastal Partnership East
Building our blue economy: mobilising investment in marine areas in the UK Toby Roxburgh, Chief Economics Adviser (Acting), WWF UK
Opportunities, prioritisation and financing of urban green infrastructure Robin Smale, Vivid Economics
Who came to the conference?
- Land owners and managers
- local and regional environmental initiatives
- impact investors and organisations in the financial services sector
- infrastructure businesses
- local authorities
- public agencies and government bodies
- environmental and natural resource consultants
View the programme, which included presentations from senior figures in the financial, business and environmental sectors. Programme strands included:
- Why invest in natural capital?
- Mechanisms for investment
- Investing in specific settings
- The business of investing in natural capital
- Investment Innovation Showcase
With thanks to our sponsors: