We are pleased to present the draft programme for the Future Planning - Designing Places in a Climate Emergency Conference, taking place on in Glasgow on 8th October 2019. The programme is continuing to develop. Further updates will be posted here during August 2019.
The conference will run from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm. Registration and refreshments will be from 8:45 am.
Conference Chair: Dr. Martin Valenti - Scottish Enterprise / SEPA
Session 1 - What does future-proofing mean, and what is the need for it?
Main speaker: Catherine Payne - Fife Council
Contributors to include:
- Louise Clarke - Berkeley Group
- Tammy Swift-Adams - Homes for Scotland
- Kit England - Climate Ready Clyde/Sniffer
Session 2 - What is the role of masterplanning in planning and designing future-proofed places?
Case Study 1: Earls Green & New Brunstane
- Nick Bowen - Ian White Associates
- Dr Gemma Jerome - Building with Nature
- Max Hislop - Glasgow & Clyde Valley Green Network Partnership
Case Study 2 : Glasgow Canal Regeneration Partnership
- Michael Gray - Glasgow City Council
- Gary Watt - Igloo Regeneration
- Duncan McLean - Land Use Consultants
Session 3: How do we practically deliver on this?
Speaker: Louise Clarke - Berkeley Group
Workshop 1 - Masterplanning: Details TBC
Workshop 2 - Infrastructure for a Climate Emergency
Workshop 3 - Developer Roundtable: Development finance, climate risk & housing
Workshop 4 - Leadership Group: Upskilling & the supply chain
Workshop 5 - Principles of Climate Adapted Neighbourhoods
Session 4: How do we work together to better protect, adapt, evaluate and maintain what we deliver?
- Irene Beautyman - Improvement Service
- Kate Houghton - RTPI Scotland
- Others TBC
Return to the main Conference page to find out more and book.