We are pleased to present the draft programme for the Future Planning - Designing Places in a Climate Emergency Conference, taking place on in Glasgow on 8th October 2019.
The conference will run from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm. Registration and refreshments will be from 8:45 am.
Conference Chair: Dr. Martin Valenti - Scottish Enterprise / SEPA
Opening session (9:30 am)
Introduction: Dr. Martin Valenti, Scottish Enterprise/SEPA
Keynote speaker: René Sommer Lindsay, Architect/Urbanist at R|S|L|ENT (Resilience, Sustainability, Liveability)
Session 1 (10 am)
What does future-proofing mean, and what is the need for it?
Main speaker: Catherine Payne - Fife Council
Contributors to include:
- Louise Clarke - Berkeley Group
- Tammy Swift-Adams - Homes for Scotland
- Kit England - Climate Ready Clyde/Sniffer
- Stacey Dingwall - Scottish Federation of Housing Associations
10.50 am - Coffee break
Session 2 (11:20 am)
What is the role of masterplanning in planning and designing future-proofed places?
Case Study 1: Building With Nature: Earls Green & New Brunstane
- Nick Bowen - Ian White Associates
- Dr Gemma Jerome - Building with Nature
- Max Hislop - Glasgow & Clyde Valley Green Network Partnership
Case Study 2 : Glasgow Canal Regeneration Partnership
- Michael Gray - Glasgow City Council
- Gary Watt - Igloo Regeneration
- Duncan McLean - Land Use Consultants
- Chris Breslin - Scottish Canals
Session 3 (12:45)
How do we practically deliver on this?
Speaker: Louise Clarke - Berkeley Group
1.10 pm - Lunch
Workshop 1 (2 pm) - Blindwells & Cockenzie: Masterplanning a Destination
Workshop 2 (2 pm) - Infrastructure for a Climate Emergency
Workshop 3 (2 pm) - Principles of Climate Adapted Neighbourhoods
3.15 pm - Coffee Break
Session 4 (3:45 pm)
How do we work together to better protect, adapt, evaluate and maintain what we deliver?
Panel-led discussion, Chaired by Ian Gilzean - Chief Architect, Scottish Government
- Irene Beautyman - Improvement Service
- Kate Houghton - RTPI Scotland
- Heather Claridge - Architecture & Design Scotland
- Euan Leitch - Built Environment Forum Scotland
Closing remarks from the Conference Chair: Martin Valenti (Scottish Enterprise / SEPA)
Return to the main Conference page to find out more and book.
Conference close (4:30 pm)